How to Turn Rituals and Routines into Real Results in 90 days and finish the year strong, healthy and have momentum going into 2020.
Most of us start the year full of intention and energy. This year I will exercise more, or eat healthier foods, or lose the weight, or start a new biz or master marketing on Instagram ( that would be me) etc etc and then somewhere over the course of the summer we seem to lose momentum and struggle to get back on track to the things we started way back in the early part of the year. Sound out right?
Then what happens if we are not careful, we can fall into the trap of “Well it’s almost the year end, the holidays are coming, I will get back on it again next year and many many more excuses …for not finishing the year strong!
Whether your goal was a healthier diet, or a consistent exercise program or maybe it was getting up an hour earlier so you could have some quiet time for yourself to plan your day??? Or maybe you wanted to take you biz to the next level or spend more time in nature??? What ever it was … you still have 90 days to get back on it and make it happen. That is 3 whole months!!!
Why wait?? There is lot we can accomplish if we set our minds to it.
Finishing the year strong gives you the momentum going into the next year.
How to turn Rituals and Routines into Results
- Plan your Day. Take the time to set up your intentions and provide the structure needed to get things done. This Ritual and Routine is where you should start. The key here is to not over schedule yourself. You want to have focus and do things well and not feel overwhelmed.
- Get up early so you have time for yourself. Time to do the things that nurture you. This is special and quiet time just for you to use in a way that provides you with a positive and calm start to your day… I am not a morning person and never have been …. However, a few weeks ago I set a goal to get up an hour earlier than usual to get a jump start on my day. To my surprise I have not missed, and I am proud of myself. Yes, there were a couple of days (Monday) when I could have made an excuse to myself, but I choose to honor my commitment I made to myself … Yeah!! I now have a new Ritual that has turned into a Routine!!!
- Have a Morning Routine that sets you up for success and allows you to show up as your best self. Do a workout, meditate, pack good food, take your supplements, and fill a large bottle with water and drink it throughout the day. Then if your day then gets crazy and unexpected things happen, which they will … you have already had a good start to the day.
- Let go of a rituals and a routines that are not serving you. A tough one for some of us. We hang on to things that we know are not good for us for way too long. This is big! Just choose one thing, let it go and celebrate yourself for doing that.
- Last but not least: Try something new or something that scares you just a little bit. Gotta practice what I preach right? Most of you know I am a long time Yogi. So grateful for this practice. Anyway, some of you may know that it is harder and harder to maintain muscle mass and bone density as you get older. So I with that in mind I went to my first Boot Camp Class… I had actually been a little nervous about going…I thought that I might hurt myself or I was too old for this type of workout…all of the things went through my head… Well WOW I am happy to report that it was actually a bunch of fun (Dance Party on steroids ) and I didn’t die or feel very sore afterwards. The key is I would not have known if I had not tried. I have been twice and plan on going once a week forever… I think my butt already looks better… LOL
So, I challenge you to take some time this weekend to look at the key areas of your life and make a plan to use the next 90 days as a springboard to finish the year strong.
Don’t get crazy and try to do all the things … just choose 5 things that if you did them consistently for 90 days it would make your life better. Then Celebrate those things each and every day.
“Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment” Oprah Winfrey.
I would love to hear what 5 things you have decided to work on. What Rituals and routines have you decided to put in place to finish the year strong?
As always have a healthy week and If I can help support you and help you reach your goal these next 90 days please book an appointment.
My Best Dr Pia