What is Enough? Intuitive Health
What can you do to protect yourself from the devastating consequences of too much or not enough?
I know that we all struggle with not enough…not smart enough, not successful enough, not pretty/ handsome enough, etc etc.. When we feel this way we actually impact our thoughts our feelings, then our actions and choices..
Too much of something can lead to too little of something else and therefore throw our systems out of balance. When I say this, I am taking about the whole of us. The Brain/Body Connection. I am also saying that balance can be flexible and does not need to be ridged.
Life ebbs and flows and so do our body systems. Examples would be our Circadian Rhythm, our Hormones, our Nervous System and our Stress response and so on..
We as humans have the amazing ability to adapt. Many of our systems that require low energy responses and do so without appearing on our radar. We also have the ability to tap in to our feelings when we are triggered in some way. It could be physically or emotionally or both. We have all heard the term GUT FEELINGS right? We have also felt GUT FEELINGS too. Kinda like a knowing or goosebumps, or dangers signals, or butterflies or a sense that this is the right path/ decision/ action. We all have experienced the GUT- BRAIN Connection in some way.
What is Enough? Intuitive Health
Tapping into how you feel, your energy, your feeling of enoughness can be your guide and internal compass, directing you towards the right balance.
Getting in touch with this awareness can be invaluable if you need to check in with yourself as it relates to your health both physically and mentally. What is Enough can also about what is Too Much!
- Eating too much
- Not eating enough
- Not enough sleep
- Too much screen time
- Not enough exercise
- Too much exercise
- Not enough nutrients
- Too much sugar/ flour/ alcohol
- Love/ Friends / Social support etc
- Not enough Fresh Air/ Green Spaces
- Too much negative self talk
- Not enough Fun/ Joy/ Laughter
You get the idea!
Big and Little Trauma Effects
Sometimes life can leave some scars, burdens and tensions. When those burdens become overwhelming our response to new challenges can become problematic and maladaptive and can build causing more harm than the challenge itself. This is what we call a Toxic Stress Load. The TSL can then lead to poor behaviors and eventually lead to disease.
So what can you do ? Here are some suggestions and tools to get you started.
- Grab a copy of Izabella Wentz’s new book Adrenal Transformation Protocol.
- Mindset: Studies show that positive outlook and grateful attitude helps you adapt and make intuitive choices which breaks the cycle of TSL and helps you heal.
- Deciding that you are/ have enough and believe it!! This positive thought will allow for the space for you to grow and heal. You tell every cell in your body that every thing is OK.
- Create a healthier persona by behaving like a healthy person.
- Breathwork is very helpful in calming the Nervous System. Click here for my handout
- Take a 360 bird’s eye view and make a list of your Stressors and see how you can take action steps to reduce them.
- Tapping in to your Intuition, your knowing, your gut feelings will help you make the adjustments you need.
- If you are ready for support and guidance, then please reach out! I am here to help! You can book an appointment here.
- My Favorite Adrenal Supplement Support: Ashwaghanda Forte, Magnesium, Drenamin, B Vitamins, Minerals, and Digestive Enzymes like Enzycore and Enzymix Pro. For More.
Lastly here are three very important health questions to ask yourself
- How healthy do you FEEL and how would you rate your health right now? great, good, fair, poor?
- Why do you consider your health to be at that level?
- What do you need to maintain or improve your level of health?
This is the first step towards stepping into your intuitive health and finding balance.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s post?
The biggest challenge in our lives is taking care of ourselves and being in alignment.