It is a beautiful sunny day here in San Diego and as I drove to work it was clear that Spring has Sprung. There were hundreds of Butterflies (I might be being romantic here) or maybe they were Moths. Anyway they were the inspiration for this topic.
This year we are predicted to have a super bloom due to the higher rainfalls. A super bloom is stunning and so beautiful however it is also tough on those that suffer from secondary allergies. We tend to think of seasonal allergies or environmental allergies as secondary because in most cases we find that there is a a primary reaction that is the Root Cause.
What is an Allergy?
It is the body’s inability to manage inflammatory levels of prostoglandins and cytokines causing immune hyperactivity. When this happens the ability of the immune system to identify and remove pathogens has been compromised. If you were doing a blood test you would see elevated levels of antibodies. The five most basic types are IgE, IgA, IgD, IgG and IgM. IgE is the most common antibody for histamine response.
What are some of the Root Causes of Allergies?
- It could be a genetic problem
- High Stress causes inflammation (mental and physical)
- Eating a Poor Diet that causes inflammation
- A compromised gut that is leaky and needs healing
- An overburdened Liver that is struggling to perform Detoxification and therefore it can not break down histamine. This causes a histamine build up and this is when you feel like you are sensitive to everything.
- It could be that you have an underlying virus that is keeping your immune system from healing
These are just a few of the reasons you are seeing an increase in your seasonal allergies. If your immune system is already compromised then your body just can not handle the increased exposure to all the pollen, blooms and possible mold.
Allergy Symptoms that are seasonal usually show up as a drippy nose, a stuffy nose, sneezing, water and itch eyes, headache, a dry cough and itchy dry skin, generalized aches and pains, etc etc.
What Can you do to Feel Better?
- A Fresh Start:Go all in on a P21 Detox
- A Clean Slate: remove sugar, and add a bunch of veggies to your diet with our P10 Sugar Destroyer Program
- If you have Digestive issues talk to us about our Healthy Gut Protocol
- Support your Liver: We have a product called Antronex that is a natural anti histamine and it works wonders when used with our other Liver Support products.
- Take the top high sensitivity foods out of your diet: wheat, dairy, eggs, peanuts, shellfish. corn and soy. Too much? Start with one food group for 30 days and see how you feel.
- Check to see if you have a hidden infection.
- Are you in need of additional Mineral support like Zinc or do you need to load up on Antioxidants?
- Check you home for Mold. With all this rain it is a possibility even in San Deigo
- Take inventory of the Stressors in your life. What can you do to remove them or what can you do to rethink them. Meditation is the new medicine.
This is a great time of the year to be like the flowers and the trees and Bloom!! Listen to your body and review the information above. We are all alive because of brilliant biochemistry, each with our own unique makeup. What works for one person doesn’t always work for the next, even among those with the same set of health problems.
If you want to learn more about your own health case please check out our website and click the link to book an appointment We offer in person as well as phone and webcam consultations for people across the country and around the world.
Have a great week and we love to hear from you so please feel free to ask questions or comment.